Wednesday, September 20, 2006

california dreaming...

For the past month and a half I have been driving a 1968 Volkswagen Beetle. It's been a blast and I think I might buy it in February. Ever since I've been driving it I have been annoyed that the turn signals don't work and the windshield wipers haven't moved when I turn their designated button. I've been playing with the wires and nothing has seemed to happen, so I thought maybe I should buy new bulbs or something to that extent. But I have yet to buy new bulbs...

Last night I had a dream that I took the bug to an old volkswagen junkyard and spoke to the elderly man there running it. We got to talking and he connected me with my grandpa whom he knew from long ago. I told him I was in need of some working parts because I wanted a fully functioning car. He had be test the turn signals and windshield wipers for him and as all dreams seem to go - they worked.

I woke up this morning with a few minutes to spare to dash off to work, and as I was backing out of my parking spot I decided I should try my turn signals again. I jiggled them a little bit and then suddenly they start click-clicking and I look at the reflection of the rear of my car on another car and sure enough there is a faint yellow flashing going on. I was quite amazed and I very glad indeed that my dreams sometimes do actually have something to do with my life. I plan to look into this more...

Oh yes, I tried my windshield wipers later today and sure enough - they work as if they've never been disabled.

Dream on.

2 comments:

Corrigan Vaughan said...

Dear James,

Please dream that someone I know gets really, really rich and pays for my college tuition. And also that I get a puppy.

Sincerly,
Your girlfriend

carrie d. said...

i'm so, so, so, so, soooo glad you finally got to enjoy the greatness of pop-up videos! It's about time damnit!