Tuesday, July 03, 2007

next contestant please...

It'd be interesting to see how much I'd have to make in order to rent an apartment and successfully live here in Orange County.

Sometimes I wonder how in the world I'm going to get by - with what I do and how much I get paid and where I live. I think if maybe I moved to Montana or Nebraska I might just have a chance at sleeping in my own apartment at night. Yet at the same time I know God is in control and He will provide for me. But do I feel that he will provide or do I truly know it?

I've been reading Screwtape Letters with guys from my church and C.S. Lewis was certainly a brilliant man. He speaks about us feeling forgiven and feeling courageous, but not truly knowing that we are. He also brings up the subject of our knowledge of who God is and who we have conceived him to be in our own minds....

Chew, chew, chew....

And in the wise words of Winnie the Pooh - "Think, think, think..."

2 comments:

Kyle Ray said...

i hear northern california is a little bit cheaper....Hint, hint, hint...

Son said...

And in the wise words of Big Joe Turner: "Shake, rattle and roll."