Wednesday, January 16, 2008

what now...

It's about that time again.  I'd like to start writing more on this here website actually...let's just see how it goes.


Today at work was a bummer of a day.  Long story short, I didn't get a small promotion - which in all actuality I didn't deserve, but I somehow thought that if I were to get it then I would start working harder.  I know that should never be the case; but over the past month I didn't do anything about it.  Foolish me.

So how do I feel about the whole situation? It's hard not to be totally and utterly pissed at myself.  I want to throw an effing pity-party for myself yet I know that's one of the worst things I could do.  I can kick myself in the pants, I certainly deserve that - it's just.  s.i.g.h.


Where's the spark James?  Where's the all-consuming fire that once burned bright?  What has been extinguished that was once ever so prevalent to everyone?  To your friends, your family, your co-workers.  Who are you trying to become?  What are you trying to find your identity in?  

A few of the guys from my church meet every Tuesday for breakfast at Coco's.  Community, I've found, has been one of the greatest encouragements to me lately.  We all decided it would be a good idea to write a personal mission statement to start off our year.  I thought I might add my rough draft here.  Just for the heck of it, you know.

I, James Pierce, strive to live a life that glorifies Christ. A man must decide whom he is going to follow. I will follow Christ and seek God's will in all I do. In order to do this I will devote time every day to reading the Bible as well as spending time in prayer.
As a son and a brother I desire to honor my parents in all I do.  I will allow my actions and attitude toward my parents be ones that give a positive roll model to my younger siblings.
As a co-worker I will strive to have an attitude that is uplifting and pleasing to God. I will not allow the attitude of others affect my own, as well as affect how I treat the children. I will see the children I work with as blessed and loved by God.
As a friend I strive to be honest and open in all I say and do. When I fail a friend I will not run, hide, or blameshift; but rather be truthful about my actions and in doing so continually have a higher standard of living.

No comments: